Tips for visiting
Welcome to Kopřivnice Regional Museum! First of all, we would like to invite you to all our facilities and exhibitions. The Kopřivnice Regional Museum is much more than just the Tatra cars…
Tips for visiting the museums run by RMK, o. p. s.
- Do not forget that all three museums are closed on Mondays.
- If you plan to visit us on a public holiday or any other special date, check our website in advance and make sure we will be open.
- Taking photos and recording videos for your own purposes is permitted in all our facilities. If you take a pretty picture, don’t hesitate to share it on our social media. Please deactivate flash and no not use tripods.
- Please leave your pets at home. They would not enjoy our museums. Assistance dogs are welcome.
- If you wish to eat or drink anything, please do so outside the exhibition halls (corridors and entry halls are fine). Spilled food and drink could cause damage to our exhibits.
- All our exhibits represent rare and irreplaceable cultural and historical values. Unless stated otherwise, please do not touch them.
- Do you need assistance or advice on visiting other museums, or the city and its surroundings, Are you looking for a place to eat? Do you need to find a cash dispenser, a petrol station, or a supermarket? Our staff is happy to advise you on anything that is not published on our websites. Try also the links attached.
Tips for the Technical Museum
- Leave your coats and backpacks in the dressing room with a friendly service.
- Bathrooms are located within the entrance space near the reception.
- There is free wi-fi within the museum exhibition spaces. Ask the receptionist about the password.
- The museum shop sells all kinds of TATRA souvenirs.
Tips for the Lachian Museum
- The Lachian Museum is situated in the Edvard Beneš park, in a close vicinity of the local policlinic and railway station.
- If you are beginning your visit in the Technical Museum, do not forget to purchase the round-trip Museum Pass. It is valid also for the Lachian Museum and the Reeve’s House Museum.
- In the reception you can borrow a printed guide text that will take you through the interiors and collections of the Lachian Museum.
- The ground floor is for permanent exhibitions, the first floor for temporary exhibitions.
- Bathrooms and area for refreshments are situated on the first floor.
- Check the gift shop upon leaving the museum.
Tips for the Reeve’s House Museum
- The Reeve’s House Museum is situated on the Záhumenní street, in the direction from the city centre to Štramberk.
- You can park your car directly within the museum grounds.
- If you are beginning your visit in the Technical Museum, do not forget to purchase the round-trip Museum Pass. It is valid also for the Reeve’s House Museum and the Lachian Museum.
- The ground floor is for permanent exhibitions, the first floor has a beautiful hall for temporary exhibitions.
- Visitor bathrooms are situated right next to the reception.
- The Reeve’s House Museum also has a nice little gift shop.